Bathurst St Mural Expression of Interest
Successful artists will be contacted shortly to discuss the next stage of the project.
Vibrance and the City of Hobart would like to invite Tasmanian artists to express their interest for two mural opportunities to be painted in September/October 2020. To be considered for this project please fill out the form below.
Expressions of interest closed on Sunday 23rd August at midnight.
We are working to install three new murals along a wall on the side of 121 Bathurst Street next to an existing mural. One mural will be painted by Mosaic Support Services and two will be painted by artists selected through expressions of interest. The older mural will be preserved and the new murals are intended to complement it.
Note: Mural panel placement, size and shape are approximate.
The new murals will connect back to the intent of the older mural. We see this as a positive and accessible form of activism. There are many issues that people are passionate about around the world at the moment from acceptance of diversity to the desire for greater awareness of climate change, or the need for more connected communities.
The selected artists will produce a mural reflecting ideas about positive activism. Murals should encourage positive action, be inclusive and not be designed to be divisive.
Once selected and engaged artists will deliver the following:
- A brief written overview of what their murals message will be and what visuals it may contain to communicate it. Vibrance will be available to work with the artist to assist in producing this if required.
- A concept sketch of their proposed mural to be presented to the City of Hobart and the wall owner for approval. Artists will be expected to respond to feedback and make necessary adjustments.
- A mural painted with materials of their choice at their allocated location on the wall at 121 Bathurst Street. Each mural will have an area of ~7.5m²
Payment and materials
- All materials will be provided by Vibrance in accordance to the artists needs
- Access and safety equipment will be provided by Vibrance
- Each artist will be paid a design fee of $500 to produce a sketch of their mural
- Each artist will be paid a mural install fee of $1500 to paint their mural
The artist will be chosen based on the strength and suitability of their idea and their supplied folio images. Selection will be made collaboratively by Vibrance and City of Hobart.
If you have any queries or require assistance filling out this form please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org