Kangaroo Bay Skate Park
Applications are closed. Applicants will be notified in December of the outcome.
Vibrance, in partnership with Clarence City Council, are calling for expressions of interest from Tasmanian artists to paint sections of Kangaroo Bay Skate Park over the next 12 months.
As part of a broader effort to revitalise the Kangaroo Bay Skate Park, this project will commission three Tasmanian artists to do a visual take-over of an area in the skatepark. Each selected artist will paint a series of temporary artworks on various walls around the skate park.
Applications closed midnight Monday 7th November, 2022
Who can apply
This opportunity is only available to artists residing in Tasmania. Artists of all career stages – including students – are encouraged to apply.
The walls will be painted over the next 12 months in consultation with the artists. The first wall is expected to be painted during December 2022.
Submissions will be assessed against the following, equally weighted criteria:
- The quality and originality of your work
- Evidence of working on murals or public art
- The impact it will have on your arts practice
Selection will be made using only the material you supply in your application, so ensure to include a broad range of your best work and consider the selection criteria above.
If you have worked on murals before, we strongly suggest that you include at least one example of your previous mural work. We do not require designs or concepts at this stage.
Applications open: Wednesday 19th October, 2022
Applications close: Midnight Monday 7th November, 2022
- This is a paid opportunity; there is a fixed $2500 artists fee
- Groups are welcome to apply, however the artist fee for each wall is a set amount and so would need to be shared amongst participating artists should you apply as a group
- Vibrance will provide all required materials and equipment
- Artists will have broad creative freedom to paint what they want, as long as it adheres to our community guidelines
- Artists will produce an indicative design and/or sketches of what they plan to create
- If artists do not have public liability insurance, they will be provided with a 1 year NAVA membership (which includes all required insurances) as part of our capacity building program
The following images are of all the walls which can be painted at the skate park as part of this program. Each artist will be expected to paint a reasonable portion of the walls below if they are selected. However we will work with each artist to decide exactly which surfaces they paint and we will take into account how fast the artist works when deciding which walls they paint.
How to apply
Applications closed midnight Monday 7th November, 2022. Applicants will be notified in December of the outcome.
NOTE: If accessing this page via the Instagram or Facebook app you may have issues with uploading images. If so, open the website in your phones main web browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari) or on a desktop computer.