Battle Jam is Bidencopes Lane’s first graffiti and street art battle. Ten painters battled it out on the walls of Bidencopes Lane competing for fame, glory and a stash of supplies from MTN Australia.
- Best overall artwork - TOPSK1
- Best graffiti piece - JOE
- Public pick - JOE
Saturday 18 June, 10am-5pm
Access laneway off Liverpool Street or Murray Street.
- Artist will have 7 hours to transform a 3mx2m wall
- Artists will all use the same set of materials
- A theme will be provided to artists to guide the visuals in their artwork
- Artists competing in the graffiti lettering category will need to paint the same word, which will be provided 24h hours in advance
- Inclusion in the competition is by invite only. However, like all Vibrance Paint Jams, there will be space for any artist to bring their own supplies and paint a section of wall.
- Best overall artwork - Judged by LINGER - Theme is WINTER.
- Best graffiti piece - Judged by LINGER - Word is DARK.
- Public pick - Voted by the public online.
Each winner will be awarded $200 worth of materials from MTN Australia to put towards future endeavours.
Battle Jam is part of the Bidencopes Lane Street Art program supported by the City of Hobart. Prizes and materials for this event have been donated by MTN Australia.